Full programme description
Save a further 20% on the below 5 courses through this Program Certificate pathway!
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Financial Decision Making
- Capital Investment Analysis
This comprehensive Program Certificate explores in detail the domain of financial decision-making within the ever-evolving hospitality sector. Learn the principles of accounting, financial analysis, and budgeting as they relate to the unique demands of the hospitality sector.
From understanding the various branches and principles of accounting to unravelling the profound impact of financial statements on decision-making, you'll gain the knowledge needed to maintain a robust financial foundation for your hospitality business.
This comprehensive pathway covers financial leverage, financial statement interpretation, and ratio analysis, enhancing your ability to assess financial health and make data-driven decisions in the hospitality industry. Additionally, it offers a Short Course in Financial Decision Making, which covers feasibility studies, the 'Decision Tree Approach', capital budgeting, investment funds, and fundamental financial concepts to optimize financial strategies and achieve long-term objectives.
Join us on this educational journey to equip yourself with the skills needed to drive effective financial decision-making.
Duration: 168 hours
Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Explore accounting concepts and principles.
- Engage with financial statements.
- Choose an appropriate accounting report for financial reporting.
- Understand the steps within the accounting cycle.
Financial Statement Analysis
- Illustrate the various forms of leverage.
- Justify the importance of financial statements.
- Highlight the importance of financial ratios.
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Understand the use of various types of budgets.
- Recognise problems associated with budgeting.
- Engage with various budgets.
- Understand the different approaches to forecasting.
Financial Decision Making
- Explore what makes a good business decision.
- Employ the Decision Tree Approach.
- Revise implications for management decision-making.
- Explore the essential features of an investment decision
Capital Investment Analysis
- Note the essential features of capital budgeting.
- Explore investment appraisal techniques.
- Understand compounding and discounting within capital investment.
- Investigate various investment funds.
- Understand payback periods, shares and dividends.